9.30.2013

April

Ready for picture overload?
Good.

Life changes in some big ways when you have a baby, and it took mom and dad some getting use to but we have had the time of our lives all along the way. 

Beau's 1st month of life.
I'll  try to use more pictures than words because everyone likes it better that way. :)

As I mentioned in my previous post, Grandma Lisa came up to WA for Beau's birth and his first week home. It was the best. Nick was right in the throw of finals when Beau was born and whether he liked it or not, he had to be studying at the school as much as possible. I literally don't know what we would have done with out her.


She taught us the tough stuff. Like, giving him a bath, keeping calm during projectile poops, how to avoid getting shot in the face with pee, and being happy during 2:30am feedings. She also let me sleep as much as possible, cooked, cleaned, and totally spoiled us. I will always cherish that special time that I had with just my mom and my brand new baby. What a wonderful experience. 

Dropping my mom off at the airport was one of the hardest things I've done. I still get teary thinking about watching her walk into the airport, and thinking to myself, "How am I going to do this by myself? What if I do something wrong? I don't know how to take care of a baby!" As a result of major sleep deprivation and out of this world hormones (not to mention, being a total Mama's girl) I became a sobbing mess. I did the best I could to keep myself under control while driving home but I let the tears flow (okay, gush) the second I parked my car. Luckily, I was welcomed home to my wonderful friend's open arms and she just held me while I cried. Thanks, Destiny. 

>>So dramatic. I know.<<

After that day I pulled myself together and soaked up every precious minute with my angel newborn. 

We went on walks with friends:



 Took baths:



Cherished every spare second we had with Dad...lots of playing and snuggling:





Had daily photo shoots:









Asked Callie to come over for a real photo shoot:




And took tons of naps:





 Just when I thought things couldn't get any better, (and right when I thought I couldn't get anymore exhausted) Nick's sweet mom, Angie, came in to town! Or as Beau likes to caller her - Grangie. ;)


Having Angie here was a dream come true. Someone to cook, clean, change diapers, take the middle of the night feeding, watch the baby while I got to get out of the house (..just to Albertson's and back. Separation anxiety.), and she was great company on all those super late nights that Nick was at school. I just love my sweet mother in law.





Nick's finals seemed like they took a lifetime but he eventually finished, and it was time to pack up and head to Vegas for the summer!

We had one last dinner with some of our great Law School friends...



 ...then Nick loaded up the car and made the trek from WA to NV. Stopping in Utah along the way to see his family. We just can't get enough of our sweet niece, Maddie.





While Beau and I flew home. Baby's first airplane ride at 3 weeks old!



Ready for a summer of major fun, crazy Las Vegas heat, and zillons of family hugs and kisses.



No comments: